Pandora: Documentation en: Data Presentation/Network Maps
- 1 Network Maps
- 2 Editing a network map
- 3 Interaction with the network map
- 4 Edit nodes
- 4.1 Change the position
- 4.2 Relate a node to another
- 4.3 View node information
- 4.4 Delete nodes
- 4.5 Change the shape of the aura state
- 4.6 Delete relations between nodes
- 4.7 Establish relationships between two agents through network interfaces
- 4.8 Massive edition of nodes
- 4.9 Creation of agent nodes
- 4.10 creation of one node
- 4.11 Massive creation of a node
- 4.12 Creation of fictional nodes
- 5 Modify the zoom level
1 Network Maps
Network Maps are a graphical representation of your network, you can see the different elements that make it up and the status of them, simply and quickly Network Maps can be accessed through the left menu and can be found in the Topology Maps section under the name Network Map . To create a network map we must click on the button "create network map"
Clicking the button will show the creation windows, in which we can choose to set the parameters for the network map creation:
We will detail each of the available options:
- Name: red map name.
- Group: the group to which the network map belongs to the ACLs, and also the group from which the map is generated from the agents containing in that group.
- network map source: filter or source of the agents from which the map was generated or new nodes added to the holding area.
- Method of generating the network map: the method of distribution of the nodes which form the network map, by default is radial, but there are the following:
- Radial: in which all the nodes are around the fictional node that symbolizes the Pandora.
- Circular: in which the nodes will be available in concentric circles.
- Flat: in which the nodes of arborescent form will be available.
- spring1, spring2: are variations of the Flat
When defining the options that we want we can click on the "Save network map" button at that moment the Pandora Fms console will begin to generate the network map showing the message "Pending to generate", this can take a while.
To view the network map we will only have to click on the name of it. You will see a screen similar to:
With your network devices and organized by the generation method you selected.
1.1 Network Map Source
From Pandora 5.1 the network map has different filters to get the new nodes or to generate the initial network map.
The filters are:
- Group: appear in the network map (or in the holding area) only the agents that belong to that group or children groups.
- Recon Task: Only the agents that have been discovered by the recon task that has been chosen on the same form and which must be Level 2 appear on the network map (or on the holding area).
- Mascara IP: appear in the network map (or in the holding area) only the agents that their main IP passes the IP mask filter.
1.2 Network map elements
Network maps can contain:
- Real nodes, which uniquely represent the agents added on the map. These nodes have an icon representing the operating system of the agent, and an aura (with the default circular form, but can be chosen among other forms) of agent state that can be:
- Green, is in a correct state.
- Red, is in critical condition some of its modules.
- Yellow, some modules are in warning status.
- Orange, one of the alarms has been triggered on the agent.
- Gray, the agent is in unknown state.
- Fictitious nodes, which represent a link to another network map or simply a point for personal use within the map, can have any shape available (circle, rhombus, square), any size and text of course. And if it is a link to another map the color follows the following rules, you can't customize the color:
- Green, if all nodes in the linked map are correct.
- Red, if any of the nodes in the linked map are in critical condition.
- Yellow, if any of the map nodes are in the warning state and there are none in critical condition.
- Orange, Gray following the same rule as the other colors.
- Relationship between nodes.
- The kinship lines can be between network interfaces, being different to the kinship lines because they end or start with round arrowheads, representing with color the state of the network interface that unites the agents, in addition in the own line has Inscribed the module name.
The minimap provides us with a global view that shows the entire extent of the map, but in a much smaller view, in addition to the view of the map is shown all nodes completely but without state and without relations. Except for the fictional point of Pandora shown in green. And also a red box is shown on the part of the map being displayed.
It is located in the upper left corner and can be hidden by clicking on the arrow icon.
1.4 Contextual Menu
Contextual Menu From the contextual menu, you can perform more complex tasks on the network map.
You can open it by right-clicking anywhere without map elements and the available options are:
- Force the refreshment.
- Add agent, by means of the intelligent control that allows to quickly find the agent and to add it.
- Add a fictional point, where you can choose, text as the name of this point, the size defined by the radius, the shape of the point, default color and if you want the fictional point to be a link to a map.
- Set the center of the network map.
1.5 Holding Area
The holding area is where the new network nodes appear, preventing new nodes from appearing in the middle of their network maps and reflecting the changes in the monitored architecture clearly.
New nodes in the holding area appear only when the bench is refreshed by the context menu. In addition, the network map creation filter is applied to search for new nodes, such as per group, per network mask, or new ones found by a recontask network discovery task. The aesthetics of the nodes and the links between the nodes are dotted lines and contours. The nodes inside the holding area remain as a holding area items until they are dragged out.
2 Editing a network map
To access to edit a map, in addition to having ACL permissions of type "IW", you can editing through the "wrench" icon.
The form for editing the network maps is the same as the creation form except:
- Map network source: because the map is already generated.
- Generation method: for the same reason as above.
But we have other active fields:
- Node radius: which allows us to define the radius of the nodes that are part of the network map, by default comes in 40px
2.1 Duplicate a network map
From the list of network maps and having the ACL permissions of "IW" you can duplicate a network map with all its contents and all its configurations, except the name that is by default "Copy of <source map>" and later if there are more than one "Copy of <source map> N", you can change this name in the network map edition window.
3 Interaction with the network map
The interaction of the network map can be made through:
- Mouse, accepting drag and drop actions, double click, main and secondary button, and mouse wheel.
- Keypad, by means of the control keys you can modify start multiple selections.
3.1 Actions on the map
3.1.1 Movement on the map
- Holding it down on an empty part of the map you can drag and scroll through the network map.
- On the minimap, with the mouse dragging by holding down the main button or clicking on the area you want to see.
3.1.2 Force map refresh
With the Secondary button of the mouse, pressing on an empty space a contextual menu appears, you choose the option "Refresh", which forces to refresh the states of the nodes.
3.1.3 Center the map
With the secondary button of the mouse, clicking on an empty space appears a contextual menu, choose the option "Center here" fixed the center of the network map in the point clicked, for later times that open this map reappears at this point. Also by default, if no center is chosen, the default center is the dummy Pandora node.
4 Edit nodes
4.1 Change the position
By holding it down on a map node you can change its position.
4.2 Relate a node to another
With the Secondary button of the mouse, clicking on a node a contextual menu appears, choose the option "Choose as a child".
You start the operation of linking one node with another. For this, you must to right click on another node (fictitious or not) and you will have a contextual menu that shows you "choose as a parent" or "cancel the operation".
And at the end of the operation, the node will be linked to another node, and the marks on the nodes will disappear.
You can also define from the contextual menu a type of connection by network interface and you can select from which network interface the connection is
In the same way that the previous link can be made by right clicking on the element that we will define as a child and clicking add network interface.
Then go to the element that we will define as a parent for the link, right-click and select set parent interface.
A window will show asking to select the interface to use on both nodes for the link.
Once you select the interfaces on both nodes, a circle will appear right at the ends of the link representing the status of those interfaces.
4.3 View node information
- With the main mouse button, double-clicking on a node.
- With the Secondary button of the mouse, clicking on a node appears a context menu, choose the option "Show details".
Shows in a separate popup window a detail view of the agent.
4.4 Delete nodes
With the Secondary button of the mouse, clicking on a node a contextual menu appears, choose the option "Delete"
4.5 Change the shape of the aura state
With the Secondary button of the mouse, clicking on a node appears a contextual menu, we enter in the information of the agent and from the menu of form we can change the form of the aureola of the node.
4.6 Delete relations between nodes
From the information of the agent we can see the option of relations in which we can either select the interfaces for each node or delete the link.
4.7 Establish relationships between two agents through network interfaces
To establish a relationship between two agents, you must:
- First, relate the two nodes agents.
- Second, open the context menu on one of the two nodes, node information. And in the relationships section choose the interfaces that physically connect the two agents.
4.8 Massive edition of nodes
Holding down the "control" key, you will see a translucent rectangle to be able to select several nodes at the same time. And once you have selected several, you can do:
- With the main button, you can drag them all at once.
- With the right button, you have a menu with the options, link by relationship with another node, forward, delete, open details window and change the shape of the state aura (and if it is a fictional node the Form of this).
4.9 Creation of agent nodes
The creation of agent nodes apart from the initial load if you choose a group in the creation of the map, can be created once add new agent nodes, from the control panel, there are two ways that we will deal next.
4.10 creation of one node
In the contextual menu in the add agent part, you have a smart control by which it filters and displays the list of possible agents as written.
Once selected, the "Add Agent" button is clicked on the panel and a new node of this agent will appear in the center of the part that is currently showing the map.
4.11 Massive creation of a node
Also in the control panel, in the drop-down list that is called "Filter group", you select the group that you want to load from the list of agents below, in this list the agents in that group will appear and that are not on the map.
4.12 Creation of fictional nodes
Also from the control panel you can create dummy nodes, in the form can be defined from the form (circle, square or rhombus), give it a color, give it a name, give it a size and even in the list of network maps are You can choose a map with which to link.
5 Modify the zoom level
Mouse wheel, with the mouse wheel you can vary the zoom level on the map, which by default always opens at the maximum zoom level, the maximum level is shown the system icon, at higher levels is not displayed and The text of each node is from a smaller source. There are 5 zoom levels.